Many web hosting services cater to the varying requirements of different types of websites. When you buy web hosting, you can choose between shared hosting, cloud hosting, VPS Server hosting, and dedicated server hosting based on your needs.
VPS Hosting has gained popularity since it offers a dedicated server-like environment without being too heavy on the pockets.
When you buy VPS Server hosting, your website is stored on a Virtual Server with dedicated resources, account isolation, and full root access. You can choose between Windows VPS hosting and Linux or cPanel VPS hosting based on your needs.
You can also choose between HDD and SSD VPS Servers and Unmanaged and Managed VPS plans to get your site’s best VPS Hosting service. In this article, we will see how server isolation benefits websites.
What is server isolation in VPS hosting?
Hosting companies use server virtualization technologies and a hypervisor tool to create multiple Virtual Servers on a single physical web server.
The hypervisor creates a virtualization layer between these virtual machines, isolating them from each other.
Hence, you can make any change on one Virtual Server without impacting any other Virtual Server on the physical machine.
Five benefits of server isolation in VPS hosting
Here are five benefits of server isolation in VPS hosting:
- Better Security: Despite being on a shared server, account isolation ensures that other sites are not exposed to the risk, even if one site experiences a security breach. You can also install any third-party security tools and close unwanted ports to boost the server’s and your site’s security.
- Improved Performance: Full root access and account isolation can help you make changes to the Virtual Server’s configuration and boost its performance.
- Enhanced Reliability: Since your Virtual Server is isolated from other Virtual Servers, you can be assured of having better uptimes since problems with other sites will not affect your website.
- Better port management: Account isolation allows you to close unwanted ports and even change the default port numbers of various services like SSH.
- Easy Scalability: When you opt for a VPS hosting plan, you get resources based on the current requirements of your site. As it grows, you need more resources to ensure optimum site performance.
With account isolation, the host can simply add resources to your account, and they will be dedicatedly available to you. This makes scalability easy and hassle-free.
Make sure you purchase the plan from a host who keeps resources aside for your scaling needs.
As you can see, account isolation allows a Virtual Server to offer a range of benefits to websites. However, if you plan to buy VPS hosting for your site, start by assessing its hosting requirements.
Next, look at the different hosting plans available and compare providers and plans to find the perfect VPS hosting plan for your site. Good Luck!